Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I am not a jogger

I have given up booze (*cough*). I have cut back on salt. I have logged in my points. I have not lost an effing pound in 2 months.

So now I have to exercise more. This is a post about exercise.



This afternoon I went for a jog. You should warm up when going for a jog. And wear shoes.



I came back 15 minutes later. Jogging is hard.



Pull-ups are easier. You just hang from the bar, jump, and lift/flail until one day you burst out the armpits of your blouse and you discover you don't have to jump anymore.



After that first one, though, it's back to jumping/flailing.



Then you can lay on the floor and watch TV. Ta daa, that is how to exercise.


6 comments:

  1. OH I am so tired of reading about SKINNY people complaining that they need to lose weight when us 30 pound overweighters, who work out every day in every way, gave up pop and cigarettes and gluten and alcohol and eat only organic and gluten-free, and still can't get a pound off, would LOVE to look like you. GAWD. Make me want a cookie now. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not complaining, I'm working toward a goal. Also, I'm not a skinny person; I'm a fattie who lost a whole lot of weight about 7 years ago. No matter what a person looks like, at any weight, when they talk about diet and exercise they get shit for trying. I try to just cheer, "Go for it, crazy person!" when people get nutty about fitness, because their suicidal urge to poo themselves in a marathon is not a criticism of my lazy ass.

    Anyway, I've reached that magical age where I can't get a pound off, either. Bah. Trying anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome exercise program! Except for the jogging part. And the pull-ups. And the crunches and the pushups ... oh wait ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I be the first to say "Go for it, crazy person!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! <3 <3

    There is a 50-mile run here on the island, and they dress up as pirates and naked people and beer cans to do it. My loathing of running is competing with my desire to run with a 2-foot panty-hose penis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh for heck's sake, Badass Nature Girl, didn't your mama ever tell you if you couldn't say something nice, not to say anything at all?

    ReplyDelete