Sunday, September 12, 2010

Invisible!

After a month and about a mile of splitty silk thread, it is done. And it weighs about a hundred pounds. Silk is really hard to work with - it snags and splits and slithers away and attracts cats - but the drape is amazing. I can let it dangle, or pin it up, or run around flapping it like a cape. 

The back hangs really nicely, and you can't even tell I completely messed up the lace. 

"Um, mom, apparently I can still see you." Well, crap. 

pattern: Dramatic Lace Cardigan, by Sweaterbabe. yarn: ColourMart Silk 32/120NM DK weight

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. I'm so jealous of your skillz, as the only thing I've ever made that could be worn was a damn name tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people I know start knitting because they're trying to get through something really shitty without becoming a raging alcoholic/husband murderer, then it just sort of sticks. If anything horrific happens to you, count on a box of yarn and a copy of 'Stitch n Bitch' arriving in the mail. ^_^

    ReplyDelete