Wednesday, May 26, 2010

knife to the 'stache!

Have emerged from depression, like a rabbit running outside while the foxes are busy trying on top hats, or whatever foxes do.



"If Mr. Vole calls again, show him up; if I am alive I shall be delighted to see him; and if I am dead he would like to see me. "
-Henry Fox, 1705-1722

Arrived at work with hair tossing and shoes squeaking, which set my janitor off into a bit of a happy dance with his tiny broom and dustpail-on-a-stick. Good mood was spoiled slightly by emails by person in another department who is unhappy because I asked them to cancel a thing I had requested, saving them work, and they wanted it in a form which they didn't actually have. "Please build a flaming hoop and jump through it before mailing the forms. No, you don't need an example - NO THAT IS THE WRONG KIND OF HOOP." Set fire to the hoop anyway, and I'm done with it.

Diet today:



Am still under-calorie. But there is a chance I may die.


In other news

Have an infected finger due to a light saber injury.

Have started answering the door with a kitchen knife, because I don't trust one of the lurking lurkers. He has a blond mustache, and pops up at the window like a squirrel in a baseball cap. For extra fun, have been using this one:


Have been arguing for weeks with FTD, who failed to deliver my mom's flowers on Mother's Day. Which she did not fail to notice. It took a while, because they "have a high volume of nondelivery complaints due to the holiday" (hmmm) but it appears they will grudgingly throw a box of flowers at her door and not charge me for it.

Potty training update: making headway - the toddler has been running to the same spot to pee repeatedly. If I can figure out how to hide the potty in the couch and disguise it with throw pillows, we could have this in the bag.

Enjoyed cards, bourbon, and laughs with friends the other night while the kids watched a movie. Mike bought a little case of darts for the weekly dad's dart group. We have started to settle in and form roots; worrying.

2 comments:

  1. I'm terrified of Mr. Fox, but heartily approve of your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gavin looked over my shoulder as I was making Mr. Fox and asked, slightly horrified, "What did you do with the human head? Is it on the fox?" Anthropomorphication is not as charming as Urban Outfitters would like us to think, hipstery bastards.

    Guess what I'm having for dinner today? Hint: it is coming out of a wadded up donut box in the staff fridge. ^_^

    ReplyDelete