Saturday, October 17, 2009

Finished objects

Project update post.

I made a mushroom house. I'm not really sure why, now that it's done. It doesn't do anything. On the other hand, I was always rooting for Gargamel, so maybe it will attract a little blue source of furlough income.



Also, the Robin Hoodie has been be-tassled and be-toggled. Natural cotton, wooden clasps. I grafted the hood instead of seaming, planning to add a zipper and maybe lining.



One of my patrons took up knitting, and as I stamped her stack of requested pattern books, I offered, "We have a copy of Stitch n' Bitch, it has some lovely beginner's cable projects." "Oh," said she, "I don't like cables and all that fancy stuff, it looks like the stuff you see in stores, you could just go out and buy that. If it doesn't look homemade, what's the point?"

So now you know: snarled acrylic yarn = heirloom quality. :)



Oh, and did I mention that my baby is WALKING?

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for ambulation!

    My word verification is 'turbo' - vair appropriate in this case, eh?

    ReplyDelete