My Yogi tea bag says:
Love has no fear and no vengeance.
Haaahahaha.
Yesterday I was deposited at work without an escape vehicle as Mike packed up the kids and made the journey to the airport for grannie-retrieval. I worried about the low milk supply being sent along with the baby, knowing Mike would have to crack open our first can of formula and risk rejection and a 2-hour drive with a screaming starving baby. As it happens, he slugged down a bottle of the canned stuff like a frat boy with a bottle of beer. My breasts are mildly insulted.
I love having my mother in the house, loud and happy with coffee cup and grandson attached to her. It was announced by the governor last week that her school has been slated for closure due to the economic woes, and I am hoping this means she will transfer over here so we can have our family back together permanently. These intermittent visits over the last year have emphasized my mother's worsening cough. She's always had trouble with her lungs, but the occasional cough I was accustomed to as a kid has turned into chest-rattling fits every time she laughs. This time I notice that she coughs deeply whenever she uses breath to exclaim during conversation. She's still in her 40s. I'm worried about where this is going.
But Christmas eve is here! And I must go to work. Bah. This morning, Gavin unloaded and flipped the last box on the advent calendar, and my mother has her eyes on the enormous slab of beef in the fridge for roasting with yorkshire pudding. People in the library are flirting (although not with me), and the snow that melted on the way down is misting across the ocean onto the mountains. It's a lovely day for Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment