A couple weeks ago, Gavin heaved a heavy sigh and said,
"Mom, I'm not in love with A. anymore."
"Why not?"
"She's not my girlfriend anymore. She's P.'s girlfriend now."
"Oh dear. Well, you didn't really love her too much anyway, you said she whines and takes your snacks."
"Yeah. And P. says I can't be in love with her because she's his girlfriend now."
"Well you can be in love with whoever you want, he can't control you how you feel."
"Yeah... but she always hit hit hits anyway and screams a lot."
"Sounds like it's ok she's not your girlfriend anymore, then."
"Yeah."
Cut to yesterday.
"Mom, A. is almost part of my family."
"How's that?"
"Well, I am going to marry her."
"But I thought she wasn't your girlfriend anymore?"
"She is again."
"What happened to P.?"
"He has a boyfriend now."
"Well that happens sometimes."
"Yeah.
haha.
This morning is the last program of the summer, which is going to rely on my nonexistent skills as fingerprinting expert. I am bringing candy to appease outraged children.
Went into the kitchen for breakfast, where Po leaped onto her hind legs and did the Pretty Girl dance on the cupboard door. I reached in and grabbed the last tin of food out of the box, flipping it over to discover a bubbling foam of tiny maggots exploding from a dented crack in the aluminum. Oh no! The protein is escaping! I chucked it in the trash and gave Po dental treats instead. I hope that is not a signal of things to come today.
Hahahahaha! I see Gavin is learning about queer families, somehow ;)
ReplyDelete