Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday with Loverman Joe

134.0

Perhaps the day has not been perfect: the serated knife accidentally mistook my knuckle for foods, I spent way longer than I wanted to straddling my ex-husband's shoulders while screwing hooks into the ceiling, and in a fit of homeopathic inspiration I glugged 8 cups of special herbal tea with the only notable result that I am now the magical ginger fart fairy. On the other hand, I made a bread pudding of breathtaking splendiforousness (the secret ingredient is blood - possibly gingery), there is now light in the bedroom by way of a dangling paper lantern and blinding energy-saver bulb, and the chow - tea aside - has been amazing. Helloooo Trader Joes. Fresh guacamole with thick hunks of avocado, flaming hot tomatillo salsa, organic corn chips, herb and goat cheese potato chips, Fat Weasel Ale and Oregon Honey Beer. A feast! Too full of magical tea to actually feast, but still a damn fine meal in front of Firefly on a Saturday evening.

My bottom started vibrating midway through eating, and I realized I was sitting on my phone. One of my co-workers has been trying to get me into the world of Mexican hip hop and bar crawling with his group of soccer hooligans, so I might cave in and be adventurous this week. Also hoping posse of rowdy men might protect me from creepy middle-aged library stalker man, who evidently unsettled the circulation staff yesterday by interrogating them about me after I made a brief appearance out front to chat with Marc at the reference desk about crunchy parenting. Cloth diaper chat is so damned sexy.


And now for something completely different

Things I just realized I never blogged about (bad record-keeper)

• In late January I found a funky tupperware in the wine cooler, and discovered my half-eaten rock-n-roll fruitcake from hell. 6 weeks old and looking mighty fine. After some rummaging, also located hard-sauce in fridge. Served to family. They lived!

• Being bid goodbye at my school, one of the classes (mysteriously bearing sombreros and a giant stuffed puma) gave me a box of girl scout cookies from a bag of about 20. Why so many boxes of cookies? Why, to catch on fire, of course! Teacher explained class activity, based on tragic demise of student's cookie in infamous burning microwave incident the previous semester (not mine! Although earned points for contributing flaming fortune cookie data). I miss those kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment