"Mom, be careful driving to work. Don't hit any more cars."
"What? I've never hit a car!"
"Or trucks." [stern expression]
"Ok."
"Or motorcycles."
"Fine, mom doesn't get to have any fun."
"Boats, too!"
"I don't know about that."
Tights
I love my tights. You don't get to wear tights in Hawaii. Tips I have learned:
1. Watch out for your name badge lanyard while using the toilet. It can get caught on your tights and make you tip headfirst into the stall door when you try to stand up.
2. Sometimes your dress might get stuck to your tights while you are sitting, so give it a tug before standing up in an auditorium in front of 60 of your coworkers and admin.
Did they tell you about the black widows in the atrium?
So far my new job is pretty good, but nothing exciting yet. The most unexpected part of my week was hearing my boss librarian say, "Ok, next week you'll be over at the Southwest Library. We'll give you a week to train over there before running the branch, don't worry." Wait, I'm going to do what now? That does not sound like "read cute stories and do hand puppets with toddlers between long stretches of reading and playing on the internet". Oh no.
The benevolentest!
ReplyDelete