Gavin finally settled down in bed when the family arrived home from dancing. Hearing them, he bolted up and ran into his grandma's room, where he discovered his new video was nowhere to be seen. Apparently, he has inherited my mother's need to search obsessively for items until they are found. The two of them went up and down the stairs, poking their heads into our dark bedroom to ask if we had seen it every 3 minutes, jolting me out of sleep. Finally grannie couldn't stay awake any longer and sent him back to bed. Cozy under the blankets, we started to fall asleep, and then the cat leaped on us with all claws out and yowled in our ears. Mike threw him into the hall like a football (ok, he shooed him out and closed the door). Finally got to sleep.
The cats pulled me out of bed this morning and led me downstairs to feed them. I tied my hair up and stood in the kitchen listening to the rain outside. Xebo did a tap dance on the stove while I scooped out his food. His head has almost recovered from his last fight, he is itching to go outside again. Every time he feels better he sprints outside, straight onto the backs of whatever stray cat he can find. Then he spends the next week inside nursing his injuries and biting us for using pens around him. He hates pens.
I have nothing to say this morning, obviously, but I woke up half an hour early and I'll be damned if I do anything useful at 5am.
No comments:
Post a Comment