I like my job. I get to do fun stuff at my job (make flyers, create displays, get the kids excited about awesome books, buy books, play with tape and stickers) and boring stuff at my job (shelf 100 books a day, write budget reports, catalog teacher resources, kick the copier into working). And like a newly discovered body of water of undetermined gullible depths, people keep sticking their toes in me. Tricky balance, being trained to be helpful and needing to stand up to people.
In order to come to the library during recess, the kids have to sign in and out so we know what time they got here and what time they left. But this is a school for dyslexic children, and the results are creative, optimistic, and completely useless.
Fun reference questions:
Are Gods real?
Are you a Christian?
Where are the books on spells - like, recipes and how to do them?
If girls have equal rights, can I chop off his head?
How do you give birth?
Where are all the books on axolotls?
Did Nazis go to church?
Fluffer nutter sandwich and Amy Tan book over lunch break. Happy librarian on Hit By Truck Day (5 classes down, 2 to go!).
hey, somebody did a mock grant proposal presentation for ASSETS School Library in class this evening... pictures and all. Did you make those butterflies on the library door? Pretty.
ReplyDeleteMust be awesome there if you have time to blog on the job...
I blog during lunch break.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that's my door, frogs and butterflies! I hope to snag her proposal so I can get some of the resources she located. :)
I enjoyed A DAY IN THE LIFE. Fine librarian. You'll have to gear up for being a guest speaker someday :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, they were lovely butterflies on the door!
It was good to see you at HASL.
Ciao