Saturday, September 24, 2005

a bunch of nothing

I hate hearing about other people's dreams, unless they involve me.

Lucky thing all my own dreams are about me. Last night I had a dream that I got stabbed in the library. Pissed off, I grabbed the crazy drama student who had done it (because of a chat session gone awry), who  blamed one of the library hobos, and I became confused and hauled them both down to the police station (in my car, still bleeding from the shoulder). While the police officers shackled them to the walls, I broke into the donut vending machine. 

I'll have to find a dream interpreter to explain the symbolism of getting stabbed by hobos (or cops and donuts - wtf is that wacky combination all about?).

I watched the Discovery Channel again. It said, "A woman wants one man to fill her every need. A man wants every woman to fill his one need." Thinking about that today.

In other news, the Devil Car has sabotaged itself. After locking us into and then out of itself, rolling our arms up in the windows, and setting off the alarm just for fun, the car has inadvertently re-activated the broken automatic key - which Mike had cracked in half and put through the washing machine. Ha. We are back in control.

6 comments:

  1. I had a dream about you fulfilling my one need.

    Making Smoothies. Lots of them.

    What!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You don't like my milkshake? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very scientific analysis of dream content (cough):
    http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

    Smoothies are food. Presumably, strawberries and bananas:

    Bananas

    To see bananas in your dream, may be a metaphor for repressed sexual urges and desires.


    Strawberry

    To see or eat strawberries in your dream signifies your sensual desires and temptation. Strawberries is often associated with feminine qualities and female sexuality. Alternatively, to see strawberries in your dream indicates that your ideas and goals are soon realized.

    Woo, anon!

    Mine, however, is not so promising (funny, there is no entry for "stabby hobo")...

    To see a doughnut in your dream represents the Self. It suggests that you may be feeling lost and still trying to find yourself and your purpose in life. Alternatively, it refers to growth, development and nurturance. You are not completely whole.

    aw, poor me.

    (ahem...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I actually had a dream with you, Mat, and I in it a couple of nights ago... I don't remember all the details. I also don't even want to try to explain it, for shame of you actually analyzing it and finding out I'm weirder than I seem. I just thought I'd mention it, though, since you said you like to hear about other people's dreams only if it involves you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh heh, I hold no faith in such quackery, don't worry. I also had a dream about Mat, which I won't get into details about. La la la...

    ... Ok, I give. I rescued him from a flood and he was happy. Then I rescued him from a crashing building and he was also happy. (Maybe if Mat stopped getting hit by cars I wouldn't have these dreams! Sheesh.)

    If you tell me I was rescuing Mat in your dream I will have to kick him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No...you weren't rescuing him. Sadly, we were rescuing you. That sounds quite depressing, I know... But you were distraught about something. I don't remember what you were upset about. We were going to comfort you, but you walked away. Then I woke up... It was like a "Real World" episode. I think I've been reading your blog a little too much! hehe...

    ReplyDelete