I noticed recently that my actual pen-and-paper journal was filled entirely with horrific accounts of random events; I only picked it up to empty my misery into it. In fact, I'm not miserable at all, and I hope this journal reflects that.
This is the start. Last week, two significant events took place: I submitted my book to the publisher; and I was accepted into grad school. The rest of my life will be shaped by these two things, maybe. I can only hope for the best, but already I am so relieved and excited about the future.
Gavin is currently in love with a grungy old plastic dollhouse, which he insists must neatly contain a bed, a chair, a toilet, a little boy doll, and two dump trucks to wreck the whole of it. He has a small rash of bumps across his forehead as a result of last night's naked twirly time outside, where he spun himself around until dizzy, sprinted across the neighbor's porch, and took a head dive onto the concrete with a sickening smack. Great. He took a break from this to fling his plastic hammer to the ground, clap his little hands to his cheeks, and declare "oh dear!" about seventy times. It was devastingly cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment