Saturday, October 04, 2025

Signal Hill

One thing a day. Unfortunately for Zenny, that one thing was a 6 mile hike up Signal Hill and down to Quidi Vidi. I packed her with eggs Benedict first.




The 30 min walk up the hill trail turned into a 60 minute walk with all the stops to pet cats, sit on rocks, and try out every bench. I gave up taking scenic photos and just took pictures of her sitting on things.
 

Don’t worry, she took a picture of me, too. 



We climbed up the tower, bought a shirt in the gift shop, walked down to Quidi Vidi - she scooted down the wooden stairs like they were each individual  benches - then I took pity on her and called an Uber for the ride back. We had a lunch of crumpets and tea and aero bars in front of K-dramas for a bit before I dragged her back outside to shop downtown and find dinner. A protest for Gaza marched down Water Street with drums and shouting, and a woman pressed a flyer into my hand, saying her niece is on the aid flotilla. We waved to them all and laughed at the Ferrari stuck impatiently behind them while they blocked traffic.



Dinner was scallops and crab legs at the Fish Exchange, with a slice of cake for the girl. Zenny was cold and happy when we got back to the flat, sprinkled with rain, and I was picking shells out from under my thumbnails because I gave her the tiny crab fork. We watched King the Land until bedtime. Really good day.



 



Tomorrow: meeting up with my childhood best friend and her tween daughter, so the girls can go do... something, while we catch up on three decades of living. Also I am going to grill her about the job market and costs of utilities.



2 comments:

  1. You are the Very Best Mother. And this looks like the Very Best Adventure.

    ReplyDelete