Listening to a surgeon talk to your husband is wild.
To me: “It’s a relatively quick procedure, we’ll remove the bad stuff, then wake you up, and you can go home after a few hours in recovery, with pain meds that you can take if you feel like you need to. You can go back to work in a couple days, if you have a job where you can sit and not move much.”
To Mike: “I’m going to use a cold blade, rather than a heated blade that sears the flesh as you cut, because we want those raw margins for testing. I’m going to cut in at an angle to remove a large cone of tissue, going as deep as possible without hitting a major blood vessel and causing uncontrollable bleeding, because that would be emergent, and we’d have to do a hysterectomy to save her life.”
Alright, I’m going in.
Edit: I’m alive. Now I get to find out if my paintings are better on oxycodone.

Well. Yes. One story, two versions. You are not going to die but I understand the need to straighten things out just in case. Somehow though, the thought of a cold blade versus a hot blade is strangely comforting but then again, I'm not the one whose uterus is about to be cut with it. I am truly sorry you're having to go through this.
ReplyDeleteDitto- you will live but uncomfortably for a little while.All will be just fine, if not, take a pill. I do like your "IF's" very much, especially being a spook pushing Mike.
ReplyDelete