Saturday, March 12, 2022

suspicious goat content

The statewide mandates end on the 25th, and as soon as the governor made the announcement, every ding-dong in the area decided they needed to stomp up to the library and yell at me specifically because it’s not the 25th yet and they still have to wear masks. Folks, I didn’t invent the Gregorian calendar, take that shit up with Pope Gregory XIII.

Things have been a bit stressful; extra-aggressive patrons, shifting childcare logistics, home repairs we don’t have time for. And with Easter on the horizon, I’ve been thinking more about Zenny’s surgery (middle of May, 6 weeks of recovery) and about the risks that come with it. It scares me.

So here’s some good stuff:

The parking lot of my grocery store. Pretty fancy scenery for a place that sells boneless pig faces, huh?



‘There is no cat in the liquor cabinet’ is a dangerous game, Billy. 



We have a fire pit and marshmallows.

 

There are riding lessons.





And I caught these goats making a drug deal.


So today when angry tourists try to belly-push me out of the way and have tantrums about how public health is the same as totalitarianism (shout out to the cussing drunk lady in a sarong who threw herself onto the ground to cry about it), I'm going to put on my most patient librarian face and think about painting and campfires and goats instead of how much I’d like to poke them in the fucking eyeball to get them to back up out of my face.

Happy Saturday, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Dear god but humans can be so infuriating.
    Those goats do look like they've been caught in the act.
    I know you will be so glad when that surgery is over and done and all is well and as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope the surgery goes smoothly and your worries are eased. Angry Anti-Maskers are everywhere, it's just a Mask, Calm Down... yet, they can't! Boneless Pig Faces... and I thought they sold some strange foods here!

    ReplyDelete