Friday, October 15, 2021

never-ending detention

Recent selfies.


This is a waste of my life. 

The past few months have been tough. I've been trying to deal with that by focusing on the upcoming gallery show and pulling off one last lucky cat, so I moved all my painting stuff into the bedroom (the basement studio has been taken over by pottery, which it's more suited for), but so far it hasn't resulted in any more time in the day to paint. Huh.
 

underpainting


We're still doing rounds of diagnostics to prepare for Zenny's surgery plans. It's a slow process, nothing major has been scheduled yet.

My grandfather has improved a lot with the hospice care and hot meal delivery my aunt arranged, but he still has two tangerine-sized aneurysms waiting to burst, if the cancer doesn't get him first. He's his old self again until then, now that he's not being slowly starved by an alcoholic. Food! Amazing, who knew we needed nutrition for brain function? Not Drunk Wife.

One of the chickens had 4 more babies yesterday. I am 100 percent certain there have been zero roosters in the neighborhood for the past 2 months. How long can they store DNA? They are witches.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you have so much going on that is so very difficult with Loved Ones. Preparing for a Child's Surgery is stressful enough, your Grandfather being in Hospice is better if his Wife was unfit to Care for him. I had each of my Parents in Hospice when it was close to the time for them to pass and they were taken care of wonderfully by the Staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closest I have come to an answer for your hen / rooster question is "many months" The hens have a storage place, from where they add a tiny amount of the rooster's gift for each egg.
    Good luck with your many endeavours!

    ReplyDelete