Thursday, November 26, 2020

41, the picture post

Edited to add the pictures I settled on.

41 hasn’t been much of anything, corporeal-form-wise. I didn’t get softer or firmer, my heart and knees complained about my minor cardio workouts, my cheeks haven’t collapsed completely into my neck yet, thanks to being held up by a mask for most of the year. My worry lines are deeper, my smile lines aren’t. That’s probably no good.


I think I got my aging crisis out of the way in my 20s. I don’t have anything to do now but raise these kids and paint until my arms fall off.




—-

And here is a picture Harris sent of us as teenagers, which got me very sad about everyone from the old Molokai gang scattering to the wind. Maybe in this decade of our middle age we should make a point of traveling a bit and getting coffee together in our various cities, okay?


This is Harris now, btw. He’s a rock star in Portugal.


Yeah, well I’m a gallery artist in Hawaii, so HA. SAME THING. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow- very cool- both of you. Good luck for the show-I am sure it will go well and I will be interested to see it.
    I hope your Thanksgiving was happy- and that Mjolnir made it.
    The libraries in Johannesburg are only open for returning books- no borrowing allowed.We can't hold our Friends of the Library book club meetings-or our fund raising sales.So it goes.

    ReplyDelete