This flower kicked my butt. I wasted a lot of paint and wiped out hours of work before getting a halfway decent likeness of it. The highlights make me so mad, because I really dislike high-chroma color but it was there, and I couldn't make myself not paint it that way.
Should have asked for a different color when my mother texted me from the Safeway flower section after listening to me rant about the Dutch tulip mania over Sunday dinner. Yellow tulips wouldn't have tricked me into wasting so much $25/tube cadmium. A parrot tulip would be even better, but the pacific islands aren’t exactly a hotbed of bulb trading. Never going to be a 17th century Dutch master at this rate.
Better stick to painting cheesecake.

However, it's lovely. You do nice work.
ReplyDeleteI think it's Magnificent and looks like a Photograph, your Realism is on Point! Now, if only you did Tattoos...
ReplyDelete