Saturday, August 22, 2020

Title replaced by low growling sound

The chick died, wildfire burned up the mountain along my way to work, in-library computer service has been shut down, and the kids are trying to turn the living room into a classroom with a new desk we assembled over the weekend. These things are life, it’s ok. But I was already feeling a bit down when a patron banged on the library doors to get me to open them, then started yelling about masks and blaming all the deaths on the flu (as if that made my family members any less dead), and I slammed the doors in his face. Not sorry. Keep your shit together for 30 seconds while you return your books on oil pulling, Ed.

I just don’t listen to aggressive enough music. I am a podcast and folk rock kind of driver; some of that stuff is good music for jumping off a bridge to, but not so good for when you're pissed off about people screaming in your face about flaps of fabric.

Please leave your go-to angry song in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a good angry song. You have prompted me to think maybe I need one.
    Anyway, thanks for blogging--your exasperation is helpful, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an angry song, either. Maybe if I did I could quit clenching my jaw so much. I am sorry about the chick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...
    Angry songs. Let me think.
    Bob Dylan has quite a few but that's probably not what you're thinking of. There's always John Lennon's "How Do You Sleep?" That might work.
    Yes. I am very, very old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fields of Athenry, Dropkick Murphys' version. The best.

    ReplyDelete