Curbside checkouts are going well. I've been stationed by the doors on a little wooden chair for 5 hours a day, staring out through the security gates at the taco truck across the street and watching one of the homeless guys try to make a harpoon gun out of a broken umbrella, sticks, and a chunk of metal with a hole in it. He hasn't figured it out yet. I've been thinking about books that might help him - except that I'm the closest thing to try it out on afterwards.
When it's slow I've been reading Season of Storms on my little chair. When it's busy I've been jogging around in a reflective vest throwing books into people's cars. It's an okay way to spend the day.
Housekeeping note: I’m re-adding some of my old entries again, slowly moving back through 2011 into 2010. Going through old memories without being able to yell warnings at yourself is like carving at your own chest with a melon baller. I don’t recommend it, as pastimes go.
This week, Leif ‘graduated’ from 6th grade. “Congratulations!” I said, “You’re still not qualified for anything.” We decorated the car and honked our way through his parade anyway. It was fun.
mask for photo-op with principal in the school driveway
Rescued another baby bird from the cat. It’s recovering - because I gave it to my mom to take care of. I've got this bird rehab thing figured out.
Red-vented Bulbul, from the same family that keeps dropping babies out of my lychee tree every spring
Been listening to this song in the car lately. Hadn't seen the video until just now. I like it.


No comments:
Post a Comment