Wednesday, November 07, 2018

HNL - SFO - PDX

Hold my plane up, folks. Tonight I'm giving United another chance to drag me off the plane by the ankles or smother me in an overhead compartment. Then it's three solid days of painting, where I will learn to paint straight goddamn lines. Some sort of advanced methodology is probably involved; like using a ruler.

I avoid painting backgrounds, on the basis that they are the worst and I just don't want to, and that is exactly why I'm taking a city street painting workshop. I'm going to crack this thing and be a better painter.

Gave it a practice run in my moleskine. WTH.

lines, how do they work?  
(the page warped backwards a bit, he doesn't really have a stubby torso)

I expect to produce a whole lot of marginal art this weekend, and come out of it with freshly forged skills I can wield in all my future work. Or, at least, a deeper conviction in my prejudice against backgrounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment