Sirius was 3 years old, a good chicken who gave hugs and rested her head on your shoulder while you carried her around like a loaf of bread. She survived the pox, and had a close call while egg bound as a youth, which was a bonding experience for the two of us. Her eggs were the daintiest and most adorable, barely bigger than a quail's. She loved cookies and grapes, and had a chance to know love when the handsome gulch rooster showed up and romanced her for a few weeks.
I am so, so sorry, Sirius.
babby Sirius
teenage Sirius and Plucky
My girl, annoyed that my necklace was not made of grapes



Oh no! She was such a pretty girl. I remember the previous drama when she was egg bound (I remember thinking, Self, don't get chickens, you are not equipped to deal with this sort of thing) and I loved that set of pics of the two of you together. So sorry, Holly.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Chickens have a a lot of personality, I didn’t expect to get so attached to them.
ReplyDelete