And now I am going to Maui in 2 weeks.
For context, our last trip to Maui ended in the Emergency Helivac Incident.
The year before that, I dived behind a rental car to hide from my avowed archenemy at the Nahiku Marketplace.
Before that, I snuck out of town, pregnant and crying with a cat shitting itself in a cardboard box.
Also there is still a giant Brienne of Tarth out to stomp my ass.
I don't have a history of dignity and grace when it comes to Maui, I am saying. Or anywhere, really, but I splatted my face in the cow pie pretty spectacularly over there.
We are going to drive slow, mind our manners, stay on the cabin property with friends, and nobody is going to leave on a stretcher this time. It is going to be fine. Fiiiiine.
Fruit with a bite
One of our library patrons came in on Friday with a big paper bag full of dragonfruit.
"Wow!" we said. "You sure you don't you want any?"
He held up his hand, which was a bit bandaged and mangled. "Nah. I chopped off two of my fingers the last time I harvested them, and my wife hasn't stopped giving me shit for it. I don't want to see another dragonfruit, take them all."
We checked the bag for fingers. That is what happens when you try to take a dragon's fruit, I guess.
So while it's the weekend in New Zealand and I had some free time, I brought home a couple dragonfruits and made one of them sit for a portrait.
6x6, oil on gessobord

No comments:
Post a Comment