Monday, March 13, 2017

Question du jour

One of our older regulars approached the reference desk, and I set my face to Extra Helpful, bracing for her usual question, "How do I copy and paste?" This time, though, she leaned over my desk, looking for something.

"Can I borrow your tape?"

"Sure, here you go."

"Thanks." She reeled out three long pieces. "I windburned my eyeball. The drops my doctor gave me are irritating, and I can't keep winking at everyone." She pressed the tape down over her eyelid and onto her cheek in an asterix, pinning her eye shut. "I fell asleep in front of the fan. You know how that goes."

I laughed. I hadn't told anyone that my hobble was from slipping in toilet water and falling down the patio stairs, but this woman knew a kindred spirit when she squinted at one.


No comments:

Post a Comment