Thursday, February 02, 2017

Comic roundup and also really pissed chickens

I assembled all of yesterday's hourly comics into a lump here for easy viewing. It was not an action-packed day.




I am home sick AGAIN today. And since I can't lay down without my head exploding, it's a nice chunk of time to work on the new book without interruption.

So of course the chickens all started screaming like they were being murdered as soon as I settled on the couch with a cup of tea. I went skidding downstairs, dropping wadded snot tissues, and found one of the girls hunkered miserable on some eggs in the basement while all the other hens publicly shamed her at high volume. I shooed them all out to give her some privacy, yelled at Mr. Weasley for humping his sisters, and then tried to get her to eat, but she wasn't having it. She hadn't shown up for breakfast this morning, but she had been staring in the window while I was making tea yesterday, so she probably hadn't been on the eggs for too long. It seemed really mean to steal her babies and eat them, so I just left her down there. She started cussing her damn head off, probably pissed and upset because eggs had squeezed out her ass with no instructions on what to do next - understandably - so I finally went down, picked her up, took the eggs, and carried her out to the coop. She ran to the water trough and guzzled fluids gratefully. I held the eggs up to the light and they look fresh and fine, even with rooster spunk in them. 

So there we have it: our first fresh eggs! They are small and adorable and I am scared to crack them.


look at these cute things which are probably alive. horrifying.

"I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS KIND OF PRESSURE"

No comments:

Post a Comment