Except not onto blogger. I'm giving this a shot, but the good videos are over on my website.
The view from my shower in the mornings. The sun cuts through the steam and you can pretend you are playing one of those air harps at Sharper Image.
here is the drawing
there should be a video here but the preview screen is giving me a pixelated arrow instead
And the mountain is visible again! I can breathe!
finished image
Aaand there is supposed to be a 20 second video here but it loaded
a blue box, instead. Thanks, blogger.
I don't think that worked. Sorry. Or TA DAAAA.
So. I have been accused of being dead by online persons (well, just Heather), but I am not. I have been busy preparing for the launch of my comic, since I've decided I am too much of a weenie to keep getting rejected by agents, and it's not like I don't have a job with a decent salary anyway, so I'm just going to upload it as a web comic and if the publication truck wants to hit me on its own, that's fine. The point is to do the thing and finish the thing, and uploading as I go has been working for my momentum on the Muu project. So. That.
Also, I totally have not lifted any of those weights. I painted the linen closet, though, and that is almost like lifting weights, in that my arms moved up and down. I will lift them. I'm just not feeling well. The vog has been thick and Bakersfieldian. I might not have gotten sick if I hadn't been sucking in giant lungfuls of air to belt out songs beyond my vocal capacity while driving to a librarian meeting (ayyyayyyy NEEEEEED YOUNG LUNGS). But I did. And I'm sick now. Which is good for my laying-around-drawing-in-front-of-Sherlock-ness, at least.
Here are things:
* Almost accidentally flew to Oregon with my mother this week because of a facebook dispute (“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it,” said Sir Terry Pratchett) but decided to pool our dollars and take the kids to Harry Potter Land over spring break, instead. Assuming, you know, nothing major breaks or springs a leak or needs emergency dental attention and OH NO I HAVE JUST BROUGHT RUIN UPON THE PLAN**.
* Been really into Johnny Cash this week. Well. One song, really. But I mentioned it and now husbandface is being supportive and playing every album Johnny ever made. I don't want to be an asshole but I really want it to stop.
* Leif has rediscovered Jolene and has been alternating between Miley and Dolly's versions on infinite repeat. Between that and the Johnny Cash now I don't know what's happening in my home, music-wise. Help.
* Last week someone gave me a bag of tangerines from their tree and I was going to make marmalade but now all I've got are some videos of me drawing my shower and a bag of rotted tangerines.
* A colleague I respect said something very nice to me as I was walking away and I wasn't prepared.
This week: weights. Yes. Weights, and probably also ibuprofen.
**the plan knows I haven't felt like getting on a plane in years, so it will probably be more difficult to thwart than this.


No comments:
Post a Comment