Okay, here are pages 1-6, in various stages of drafting/color. The text is just place marked, it doesn't flow well the way it is here, but eh. You get the idea. Before they get knocked into the Ala Wai, Png says "uhh, forget the Slurpee, let's just get out of -" and then BAM. Into the drink.
I'm blocking out page 7 now.






Fun! There were some Hawaii references (or maybe youth culture references) that I didn't get. But it was nice to see that part about the names in context. Is Poops trying to will her phone back into working?
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'll have to put a note under the "10 minutes later" that says "the Ala Wai Canal". It's a major landmark known for its pollution, and there really was a guy who died after falling into it. Good source of super powers, probably. Also the first thing you see when you walk into the zoo is a swamp filled with surly flamingos, and you have to go around them to get to any of the other habitats. Maybe I'll add a sort of map to the cover page before the story starts.
ReplyDeleteThese are awesome, and I'd like to preorder the whole first series, thanks!
ReplyDelete