Wednesday, June 08, 2016

out of my hands and into the air

Like a dandelion. Made of email.

I edited, revised, re-edited, held my breath, and sent my book to two agents. All my fingers and arms are crossed - I feel so good about this story. And while I wait for yays or nays, I will finish the spot illustrations, and I will start another book. I am going to give this endeavor the whole chunk of my heart, because that is all you have time for in a short little life.



edited to add:

YOU GUYS. I got a reply. Just a small one, but it wasn't a nay. Something may come of this yet.

*hyperventilating and dying

5 comments:

  1. Yay about the reply. Best of luck!

    I love the picture, especially how the cat is leading so far ahead she is half out of the frame. (That is a calico, isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the curly-headed spindly-limbed child. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It's a far way from being a sure thing right now, but I'm revising like a mad person, and it is looking very optimistic. Am enjoying one of the currencies of being productive: imagining all the things. What if I get to go on a book tour? Where would I go? What if I could afford a down payment on a tiny cottage with a pointy window to write by in the summers? WHAT IF WHAT IF? I'm enjoying the open landscape of future possibilities.

    The little cat is black and white, like our poor lost little cat. Are they calico if they're monochromatic? I should know this. GOOGLE FU TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, sigh. To be calico they must be black and white and tan (or orange). Calico cats are almost always female.

    ReplyDelete