The largest child went off to the mainland with his grandmother for a month, from coast to coast. My happiness for him was tinged with mild jealousy until the Northwest lit up with wild fires and shootings, so now I am eating my kale salad and shuttening up on the matter. Have accepted that I will not be vacationing this summer, and have taken up other pursuits:
Decided to do some gardening, in the smallest and laziest way possible; got some soil and let the kids poke seeds into a pot. Then the cat used the pot as a litter box. And then the garbage men chucked a bin lid into the pot. Am a terrible gardener. But I will win in this matter, because I need to be smarter than dirt and cat poo.
It wasn’t a new pot. I took an old one off the porch, yanked the dirt and roots and weeds out, and lobbed the clump over the fence into the woods. That is gardening, I think.
Bought new shoes, which took 3 weeks to arrive in the mail. This is probably because the distributors knew they felt like wooden clogs and that the tread actually made them moreslippery, and they calculated (correctly) that I would be too discouraged by the waiting time to return them. Have wadded my feet into the shoes and can feel tiny bones crackling when I walk. But they’re cute, damn it.
My Tardis shoes are smaller on the inside.
The man’s cousin moved here last week with his family, and they met us at the library. I ran up to the cousin, hugged him hello for the first time in 7 years, and then made him carry a mermaid who had forgotten her wheelchair.
I have often told the man that I only love him for his arms. On weekends, that is practically his name, as I struggle to reach/lift things: “ARMS!” And now there are twice as many of those things! POWER OF THE SEEEECRET.
Coming soon: fun with power washers/ER visits.

No comments:
Post a Comment