There was discontent simmering through the computer stations all afternoon. Punctuations of loudly whispered profanity caused children to look around with interest and adults to act suspiciously casual, and everyone ignored my shushing. That kind of thing can build up and cause discomfort. I took a turn around the staff room and pointed warningly at the microwave when it beeped with my hot water. An old man winked at me. Another old man yelled, “FUCKIN PHONE COMPANY. I KNOW MY RIGHTS.” Aha! I shushed as he went out the automatic doors, but it was lost in the electronic whooshing. There was a rattle of gunfire, and I ran to the computers in time to help someone turn the volume down on a video of a dog being shot to death. Slightly better than the patron who was playing car crash fatality footage. MY EYES, PEOPLE. And then someone ate half a rice cake on the hood of my car. There you have it. Lawlessness.
No comments:
Post a Comment