Thursday, January 23, 2014

Throwback Thirsty

That's autocorrect, and I'm going to leave it.

Every week, my feed clogs with old pictures of people. After some consideration, I have decided that I kind of like it. The internet is a time machine. Maybe I can alter the past yet, using the most traditional method: lying with historical documents. In the meantime, here are some things.

1984? My mother coerces university photographer into making me a student ID.



1990. Drawing something. Probably a lady with a sword for a comic book I am still failing to make.



Because of course I was. Too self-conscious to smile, but ok with wearing L. L. Bean loons with a katana.



That sword was treasure. I slept with that sword. I made a belt for it out of bandanas and wore it to breakfast until I sat on it and stabbed myself in the leg. This went on until my mother bought me an archery set and a bale of hay to attack outside, which was great until the wild horses ate it (the hay, not the archery set).


THESE GUYS. I tell you.


My son runs around the yard slashing sticks and roaring sound effects at invisible adversaries. I flap my arms and yell, "WHY DO YOU JUST TRY TO KILL EVERYTHING?" Well, because he's my kid, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment