I just wanted to make chocolate mice. We did this every year back in Newfoundland; the little crispy peanut butter balls are part of my nostalgic landscape. As I was assembling ingredients and poking around the internet for recipes, one of my friends was trying to horrify someone by posting pictures of her cat's filthy ass on Facebook. Amidst the cries of, "NOOO, STOP, YOU ARE RUINING CHRISTMAS," other people started adding pictures of their cats' gross butt clumps. It escalated quickly. I rolled out the balls, made a mess with chocolate, and posted, "Look, I made cat assholes."
It was a very festive thread, really.
The kids came skidding out of nowhere. "What did you make??" I softened it to "Cat butts!" because I don't actually swear much in real life, but their eyes went bulgy-squinky and they backed away from the tray suspiciously. Now there are three containers of cat assholes in the fridge, and nobody will eat them.
I have ruined a holiday tradition.
Well, I can't have any of that anyway. My knitting is white, and I am too lazy to get up and wash my fingers after every bite of chocolate.
Not eating a plate of cat assholes
Here is the recipe:
Chocolate mice (cat butts)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 1/2 -2 cups rice krispies
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 -2 cups rice krispies
1 cup powdered sugar
about a cup of melted chocolate chips
Melt the butter and peanut butter together. Mix up all the dry ingredients. Dump the melty bits over the dry bits, stir until sticky, roll into balls. If it's not sticky enough, add more melted peanut butter/butter. Chill balls while melting the chocolate. Dip chilly balls into the chocolate. Put them on wax paper, pop them back into the fridge. Make your kids eat them. Don't get any on your knitting.


thank you for the recipe! You are a riot. Merry Christmas! xo
ReplyDelete