Monday, August 26, 2013

out of control

The other day, I laid the baby down to nurse for her nap. When she finally fell asleep, I started to ease myself carefully and quietly from the bed - and then Gavin popped his head into the room and crowed, "WHERE DID YOU COME FROM, WHERE DID YOU GO? WHERE DID YOU COME FROM, COTTON EYE JOE?" He ran down the stairs before I could throw something at him.

Last night, while bathing the baby, Cotton Eye Joe started blaring from the bedroom. When I went to investigate, Gavin had unrolled a yoga mat and was dancing. Zenny laughed and lunged forward like a trout in my arms, so he grabbed up her fat hands and led her in a jig. Leif came skidding into the room and hit the mat. All I could do was give in, the four of us crowded onto the yoga mat and bashing around to Cotton Eye Joe

Oh, have you not heard this song? LET ME FIX THAT FOR YOU.

The tween is not afflicted with self-conscious coolness, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment