Sunday, February 20, 2011

I made things.

I have been keeping my hands busy this month.

The kiddo's Tae Kwon Do teacher is pregnant, so I'm making a baby blanket. Still working on the hand-quilting and binding. She can hold it in until I'm done.




Made a very classy, too-small hat, which I sent to its intended recipient anyway. 


Someone on one of the Stepford Homemaker blogs I follow made fancy frosted heart brownies for Valentine's Day.

So I made these. 


Gross.

Stupid crumbly splatter brownies. Nobody would eat them, so I mashed them up with cream cheese, called it "horrible cheesecake", and the kids ate it with a spoon.

I also got a new book in the mail, and had to cast on right away. To make myself a wool sweater. Just in time for summer. I'm not going to over-think it. 


We sat out in the yard on lawn chairs, enjoying a sunny break in the rain; the kiddo read aloud from the Tales of Beedle the Bard while I clicked my needles and Leif watered the cats. The longer days warm my insides.

2 comments: