Tuesday, January 11, 2011

just super

The nights have been cold, and the blankets get kicked aside by small feet. I dreamed that I was lying embraced in big warm tattooed arms (with a man attached), and woke shivering against the wall in the dark. For a moment I just laid there, wondering what time it was - perhaps 2 or 3am - and suddenly my teeth gritted as a jolt of electricity surged through my head, from the base of my skull upward, in a violent drilling sensation that sounded like a dentist's tool. My eyes snapped open, and I was still flexing my hands and feet, wondering if I had had a stroke or something, when another one shot sideways through my brain, again with a surging, drilling sensation. What the HELL. I have not been endowed with psychic visions or paranormal body-finding skills, and have been unsuccessful in causing the hobos to combust with my mental super-powers. I'm out of explanations.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Possible misalignment in your upper cervical spine? I have occasionally had electric-feeling zots when my occiput gets jammed and then un-jams itself spectacularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, that's a thought. I asked my doctor about it in passing, and she said she's never heard of anything like it. Faaantastic. Was wondering, though, if maybe it had something to do with giving up caffeine/artificial sweeteners/sodas cold turkey. Brain is struggling to remain operating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.askdrhull.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=161
    You're not the only one, it does sound like it could be a side effect. When did you give up artificial sweeteners?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave them up forever and completely on January 1st (surprise!) and then gave them up conditionally and with specific exceptions after a Diet Coke last week. Then I gave them up except as a weekly treat after a coffee at the general store yesterday. So... about 3 caffeinated, sweetened beverages this month.

    I am still awake!

    ReplyDelete