Friday, December 17, 2010

Craft Corner DEATH MATCH - fishwives

"Fishwife" isn't a term people use in our neck of the whatsit. Having no idea what a stuffed representation of the slang term should look like, I decided to start at the beginning, dig through history, leer at the "alluring" fishwives of Newhaven, and then try to make an old-timey doll without, oh, reading how to do it. Reinventing the wheel! Yay!

So she has a fimo head and arms (completely authentic), a soft body, and tiny infuriating clothes.











Go see the rest of the challengers at CRAFT CORNER DEATH MATCH!

4 comments:

  1. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

    omg her face. Her pretty, dainty, face.

    You are amazing.

    (Erin from Robotaday. why is this posting as my other identity? no idea)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks! I feel like i'm all over the place, but I'll hammer out a consistent style eventually. I loooove your army of robots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit. I love her more every time. Will you do a mermaid? Can we do mermaid zombies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a bit of a mess naked, with ugly stitches and a lumpy butt, but who isn't? Mermaid zombies! Will not be using fimo again, unless Santa brings me a chunk that is not 4 years old.

    ReplyDelete