Sunday, July 18, 2010

still lingers here

Woke up with tear tracks and tiny mouse eyes. Bad dreams, two nights running. The dark things are starting to circle overhead again, time to armor up. Yesterday was a day of shopping and ice cream and organic pizza in Paia, but this morning the children gnashed against each other, until the man stuffed them (along with the kiddo's peace-making best friend) into the car for the beach, and left me with my thoughts. I bent over the sewing machine in the quiet house, combating the mindghosts until I was trembling and sweaty. I'm a person poisoned, and I have put my running shoes by the door in anticipation of my miraculous rejuvenation after the upcoming onslaught of drills and antibiotics.

Angst works for me, productivity-wise:



Ignore that loose thread from when I accidentally stitched the backing to itself.



Ooh, look, I'm so angsty and pale. Sign me up for a case of black eye-liner and a Stephenie Meyer tattoo.



The other thing that helps: happy family; hand-smashed burgers grilled with blue cheese, fresh basil, and tomatoes; mounds of potato salad; music with a good beat; a cold pint. I'm still a fan of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment