"Is that my soda in the fridge?" I asked.
My janitor said, "I think so, I took it out of the freezer." [pointed look, recalling last year's exploding soda-in-the-freezer incident."
"I would have denied it."
"Blame it on whoever's not here."
"Well, come on, it's been like a year since I've done anything stupid."
I sipped my tea, realizing as I did so that about 10 seconds previous, I had dumped oozy, curdled creamer in it, thinking, oh, what could happen?
A few minutes later. Still resolutely drinking the tea.
"What if I did the painting on Christmas Eve, when you guys are out on furlough?" said my janitor.
"Oh! You HAVE to!"
"What? Why?"
"Because Baby Jesus might come."
"Baby Jesus likes paint?"
"Yes, in Newfoundland everyone painted on Christmas Eve, because Baby Jesus might come over."
"Ok, but I don't know how well it'll air out by Monday."
"That's ok, people like the smell of fresh paint. It smells like Christmas. And Baby Jesus."
"That's true."
Adorable and fond of paint.
At home, Gavin waved his arms in exasperation over the ending of Astro Boy. "Who would be afraid of that?! It can't even hurt anyone, it was just a big floating eyeball covered in testicles! Come on!" Mike snorted and started laughing [on our first date, he told me calamari were squid testicles].
Men-types are fun.
that t-word sounds funny, too. Just like the boy p-word.
ReplyDeleteThe girl v-word isn't funny. Sorta ugly.
There. Enough bizarre rambling for the day. Just for you.