Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In the AM

Gavin dawdles, I bark, we find sneakers, gather up homework, run out late. Yesterday I didn't feel like barking, so I snuck up to the bathroom to see what was taking so long. Gavin stood in front of the mirror with the lights out, waving his flashing toothbrush as he applied toothpaste, singing. "I'm Captain Hammer, my teeth are shiny and clean, and it's a brand new day! La lala, something something die, my teeth are bright and shiny!" Reasonable.

Last night I was cold, with dreams of being shot at and chased, and I woke up wanting to be next to my boy at 4:30am. Like I had summoned him, Gavin stumbled in and climbed into bed. We went back to sleep until morning. "I didn't have bad dreams after I was next to you," Gavin said. "Neither did I," I agreed. I wish we had a bigger bed. Maybe Mike can sleep in Gavin's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment