Plea for reason: people, I beg you - do not model knitted hats on doll heads. It is very creepy and does not count as an "action shot". Unless the doll is being thrown from a window. Which it should be.
Drinking game: watch all 7 seasons of Buffy and have a beer every time a character wears a hand-knitted sweater. Extra points for spotting the background extras in the previous season's garments (yeah, I noticed when Anya was wearing that beige turtleneck in season 4 that Buffy wore in season 3). Someone had a sweet commission as knitter to the Slayer.
Reading: Handknit Holidays, Stop in the Name of Pants, and some reference books about chickens and pug dogs for illustrations. Halfway considering getting a pug dog just because they are so funny and ugly. That used to be how I bought shoes, though, and that resulted in the green-tennis-ball-fuzz-shoe incident of 1998. So maybe not.
Oh, and unrelated to anything - this morning I pulled on a pair of jeans and couldn't get them buttoned before realizing they were Mike's. This might not sound like a good thing, but it is; Mike is a slender guy, so the fact that I could fit my legs and butt into them is amazing. I might not be losing weight as fast as I'd like, but my body is still changing back into a normal shape. Still, it's damn annoying to weigh the same as him and be pudgy while he can be all slim.
No comments:
Post a Comment