Monday, July 23, 2007

knit 2, snarl 3

Have knit a 5x5 swatch. It has a couple holes in it, but those are for tiny feet to go through.

For the second weekend in a row, Marc's wife and I managed to get together and hang out. We dried off in the shade beside the pool, watching Gavin cannonball into the water and the baby rearrange our slippers on the towel, talking about love and metabolisms. It's nice having another mom to talk to.


Yesterday I dropped off the kiddo with his father and went out for a morning of necessary shopping. I drifted on autopilot. Sat outside Target with a diet coke and stared at the mountains. I can't see where I'm going anymore, I got to the light at the end of the tunnel and everything's misty out here. I have no purpose, no mission in life. I am not looking for that guy out there who is supposed to be looking for me as well. I wonder if he's sitting with his elbows on his knees, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment