Marc has earned himself his donut for a daring exhibition of super-sleuthing, and for not being the person unconscious under the bushes (that was a drunk person). Now we are armed with the powers of INFORMATION, because he followed my stalker stalker on his lunch break and figured out how far from my apartment he lives (too far to get to me on foot, which is good).
I took a break from writing my latest incident report to push through the crowded lobby and stand in the 98 degree afternoon waiting for my policemen. SRP event #2 was a success. Librarian wins. The auditorium was packed, the officers trotted in their dogs to gasps and cheers, and they brought fantastic BPD badge stickers and collectible photo information cards of themselves. They wowed the crowd with a story about this morning's showdown with an armed robber, the dogs leaped and rolled and flung slobber on toddlers, and I basked in sweet, sweet victory over last week's humiliation. The boys, having enjoyed the frolicking police and waited in line for Officer Handsome's autograph, took me out to a Korean bbq joint for dinner, where I found myself eyeball-to-eyeballs with a bowl of tiny dried fish. I felt a bit guilty eating so many little dead creatures in one sitting, but they brought me right back to my cuttlefish youth, and I was very pleased by them.
In summary: good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment