The contracts are signed, ready to be delivered to the publisher. The illustrations are burned to disk. Big breath, plunge.
Yesterday was a long day at the library. The air conditioning in the A/V room burned out, and I helped lug big fans upstairs to circulate the aroma of hobo farts. Yuri had me alphabetizing five year's worth of old personnel files, and I was returning from the office with a stack of green file folders when one of our regulars stopped me to flirt. He was a surprisingly smooth talker. The first sober stranger to hit on me at work, and he wasn't bad looking, either.
When I got home, my mother announced the end of my donut quest. Seems she found about 5 pounds of chocolate donut holes at Costco. I bagged them up in gallon-sized freezer bags and poked them in the freezer, leaving out two for myself. Counting it as a win.
To top it off, the library finally paid me. While this is exciting, my daydreams of all the wonderful things I would buy with my first paycheck have suddenly evaporated in a miserly haze. It will be with gritted teeth that I force myself to buy the bras, undies, socks, and shoes I so desperately need. Perhaps I'll spend the rest on my dentist bill. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment