Gavin slept in an hour, and I lost a pound over Thanksgiving. Huh.
Mike got me a CD for my birthday, which I've been playing to death.
The better part of three days have been spent walking through the mall, watching the fish in the koi ponds and watching the people push past each other similarly. My mother and I drank chai in the book store, where I sulked a bit because they didn't have a present I wanted to buy. We learned the next morning that a package I had ordered for Gavin arrived at my in-laws' house in New York. Darn it. While they worked to correct the problem, my grandfather called to say he might visit this Christmas. After fighting cancer for almost two years, it's about time he did a victory dance with us. Also on the phone this weekend was my mother-in-law, who mentioned that my brother-in-law will be getting married next October. I wondered if I could schedule another root canal during that week, but I suppose I don't need to make any excuses at all. I'm in grad school, and I'm simply not going to skip class and blow $1000 to surround myself and my son with hostility and see someone I'm still mad at get married. Mike can go by himself, and Lorenz can do a happy dance and drag him out to get drunk without me there to mess things up. Besides, I think it's healthy to get away from your significant other at least once a year, for mental health purposes. Mike would do good to breath a little New York air in October and spend a few nights with his friends and family without having to worry about whether I'm enjoying myself.
...Yes, all those things. But mostly what I am thinking about today is this: this weekend I bought a pair of pants that were two more sizes down.
No comments:
Post a Comment