As everyone knows, Christmas is practically on top of us. So naturally, I've found it is time to begin designing my holiday cards. I have been reading a book on the art of Alex Ross, and was inspired to create a design in a similar style, based on a super hero developed by my beloved web board. So I found myself in the bathroom, perched on a plastic stool wearing a swimsuit, a nursing bra, a pair of Supergirl underwear, and a towel tied around my neck, supporting a digital camera on my head. Upon the unfortunate discovery of the photos later in the day, Mike and my mother had the grace and tact to stifle their laughter before I poked their eyes out with my mechanical pencil. Gavin chose to draw on my new reference with a stump of banana, but as I am now completely out of printer paper, it will have to do anyway.
Michael, the innovative manager that he is, has taken it upon himself to paint the lobby and concession of his theater. He has organized the funds, rounded up victims to help paint, and today we took a trip to Home Depot in search of paint and supplies. There were handsome men everywhere, and I had a sudden, uncharacteristic urge to pinch bottoms. The employee in the carpet department was such an amazing example of muscle and chiseled classic looks that even Mike was impressed. We weren't sure why he would be working at Home Depot when he should be kicking Brad Pitt out of Troy or posing for comic book characters. I really must work on my home improvement skills. I can think of at least a dozen household projects that need to be done, each requiring a separate visit to the carpet department at Home Depot.
If any bottoms are to be pinched, however, I am lucky to have a good one at hand. Mike, having gained an astounding 5 pounds since high school, decided he needed to work out more often. We bought him a new pair of running shoes, a few pairs of new shorts, and off he went. There is hardly a nicer sight than Mike, fresh from his daily run, all sweaty with his hair in damp bronze ringlets. He complained that tourists stared at him, as though they had never seen a white person in Hawaii before, and I had to smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment