Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer break!

I do not have a summer break. But the boys do, so I mailed the large one to his grandmother for a month-long trip to the mainland. As a kid, my mother and I spent the summers living in the truck, camping at KOAs and preserving our innards with giant sheets of truck stop beef jerky. It makes me really happy for Gavin to be tromping the US with my favorite road captain. She knows all the rules, like "thou shalt stop at every Dairy Queen in the Southwest" and "thou shalt sample all the foods for which the region is famous" and "if you see a 50 foot fiberglass cow, you MUST PULL OVER". 

Once the smaller child goes to stay with his dad next week, it will be an illustration intensive as my deadline fast approaches, but until then, I have been rolling in yarns.

 My Mother's Day box arrived. I have sock blockers now, fancy.




All my socks will be foot-shaped! Or else!

I got a sweater's worth of pink heathered cotton, for my storytime librarian disguise.


And sock yarn! Doctor Who stripes, and a tonal skein in the "wine tasting" colorway, for a particular librarian who needs to be smacked with boozy socks.

Heather! ALA conferences are great sock-smacking forums! We should plan this.

I will knit all the things. If anyone can coax me off of my beach towel and pry the drink from my hand.

2 comments:

  1. When ALA comes to Hawaii, I am THERE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may need to ravage Seattle. Anthropologie has a shop in walking distance from the conference center.

    ReplyDelete