Thursday, December 05, 2024

manifest this

I was just in the middle of browsing online graduate degree programs, thinking I could switch careers and make more money if I got a second Master's in criminal justice or forensic psychology or something, when my email dinged with a message from the gallery. One of my paintings sold! It was the one with the swearing in the title. I priced it ridiculously high, too, so I am kind of shocked. Well. If the art world wants me to paint portraits and swear a lot, I humbly accept.

Fuck you, grad school. I'm a big time fancy artist now.



Now I just have to do it about 20 times/year. Maybe not quitting my day job just yet, but feeling encouraged.

3 comments:

  1. Swearing and great art- a terrific and popular combination! You could become famous as the Profane Portraitist. And rich.

    ReplyDelete