Sunday, October 08, 2023

Finally getting some results around here


My 7-11 painting made it through the first round of judging and still has a shot at winning some cash.

I successfully renegotiated a book contract, which was hard because I don’t like making people unhappy with me.

Got a JOB INTERVIEW. And it’s a good one to start off with because I’m not over-eager about it; it’s admin for multiple libraries, with lots of payroll, paperwork, and problems. Beautiful buildings, though. If it turns out to be a good fit then that would be great, but I won’t be too let down if they don’t think I’m the right person. Hoping it’s great, of course.

Simplicity lost our patterns in the mail, so I painted in my sketchbook instead of sewing on my day off. Time is ticking, Simplicity.


The new Brother machine is really beautiful to use, though. We took it for a test drive on a scrap of fabric and Zenny loves how smooth and quiet it is, and that it has a slow setting for beginners. I know computerized machines only last years instead of decades, but hopefully it will last through her teens and she’ll sew lots of cool stuff.

Making doll clothes


Time to shop for an interview outfit, even though they’ll only see me from the chest up on Zoom. Need to look like someone who can do admin and run staff meetings.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely painting of your lovely girl.
    I'm glad that at least some of your news is good and hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, You don't know me but I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your posts.You have that off-kilter sense of humor that makes me smile and sometimes laugh. I am unschooled as an art critic but I think your art is wonderful and those portraits of your daughter are really precious. I hope all your future is filled with satisfaction. Aloha .

    ReplyDelete