My sleeping brain has been rummaging these past few nights, pulling up terrible things to set creeping into dreams.
Oh, you are missing your son while he stays the week at his grandmother's? Maybe he is really gone because you killed him.
This was the worst thing I have ever dreamed.
Oh, is this torch still burning? Let's see how that flame fares if he's gained 80lbs.
Nice try, brain. Torches don't give a damn. But I could have done without that particular reminder.
Where is the baby? Is the baby still in the bed? Has she fallen down the crack and smothered?
Woke up groping around blindly in the bed for the baby, who had been sleeping until I pawed her face. GODAMMIT BRAIN.
I blame my phone, with its news articles and social media distresses. I have started calling it "Riddle's Diary", and frisbeeing it away if it appears in my hand again.
Stinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment