Thursday, January 03, 2013

Lighten up

A year needs a theme. I'm unburdening; letting go of losing my house and job and belongings and bodily autonomy. Putting down embarrassment, shedding weight - and hair, and vital fluids - and letting myself slow down and enjoy my people and the time to listen to music and draw.

I have a list, too. I'm leaving off the obvious stuff having to do with life and not dying.

Go to the museum
Make another bronze
Publish 2 more books
Drink ALL THE HOMEBREW
But not all at the same time - no hangovers or drinky emails. Except to Sarah.
Learn to spin yarn
Make a buche de Noel with meringue mushrooms
Finish Leif's quilt
Knit Christmas stocking
Knit kilt hose
Mail things to canadaland
Read more Terry Pratchett
Keep the house cleanish
Do project 365
... Will add to this.

Today people went back to school and work. We got started.


I will get the binding on this thing.



If I can get the effing cats off it.


Did some math, worked out a pattern, and started a pair of kilt hose for Gavin.



Sketched a spot illustration. Then ate a burrito. Checked the kid's progress in his workbook. He writes like a 4 year-old. 

The kid and I got out the acrylics, and stole my mom's egg cups to use as paint palettes.


cat and dragon

There was a checkup. No matter what my symptoms were - headache and chills, fever and stomach ache, missing limbs - the diagnosis was, "You are having a baby. You need a shot."

The year and I are on good terms so far.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe we should have a binding race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was juuuust finishing it as my email dinged. But I have been doing a lot less librarianing and livestock tending, and more sitting around listening to stories under cups of tea. Ready to start a crib blanket, though - knit or quilt. Gavin says it has to have minecraft creepers on it. I am thinking enormous star or a Brooklyn tweed pattern...

    ReplyDelete